I was educated at Kadiköy Anatolian High School between 1982-1989. In 1989 I attended Istanbul Technical University, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department where I received B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in 1993, 1995 and 1997, respectively. This was followed by Associate Professor and Full Professor titles in 1998 and 2005 in the area of Electromagnetic Fields and Microwave Technique.
As a professor of electromagnetic theory I have had the honor to study and serve in various acclaimed institutions and collaborate with many internationally renown scientists along my career.
Worth mentioning are
- Visiting Researcher position at Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Clemson University, SC, USA,
- Visiting Researcher position at Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab., Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal, CANADA,
- Visiting Researcher position at Electronics and Computer Engineering Department, Ben Gurion University, ISRAEL,
- Erasmus Lecturer at Institute of Mathematics , Rzeszow University, POLAND,
- Assistant Research Professor position at Department of Electromagnetic Systems, Technical University of Denmark, and
- Senior Researcher position at Marmara Research Center, Turkish Scientific and Technical Research Council.
I have also had the privilege to serve in various administrative positions. To name a few,
- Co-Directorship of ITU-Center for Satellite Communications and Remote Sensing, and
- Founding Chair of Electrical and Electronics Department, Dean of Engineering and Architecture Faculty and Vice-President of Technopark of Trakya University, TURKEY.
My research interests are on analytical, asymptotic and computational methods in electromagnetic theory with emphasis on its axiomatic foundations, electromagnetic scattering, boundary value problems, field singularities, moving media, and radiowave propagation over ground.